Friday, November 11, 2022

Foodie Friday: Upside Down Cakes

Do you remember when you first learned how to cook?  Do you remember when you made a dish or a dessert that you thought was impossible to make with your limited culinary skills but when you followed the recipe you ACED IT!!  

I remember when I made my first Pineapple Upside Cake. 

I was a teenager and I was trying to teach myself how to prepare meals for my family, including dessert. I was quite proud of my cake even though I used a cake mix. I had not realized that the part of the recipe I thought was the most difficult ~ that is, getting the pineapple on the bottom to be on the top.  It was so easy! Once I learned what to do I started thinking: 'I can probably do this same recipe with fruit other than pineapple.'  I thought that but I've never done it! I'm not sure what fruit I would substitute for the pineapple.  Although I have seen a cooking videos upside down cakes for other than pineapple.

Below is a link to a great recipe for pineapple upside down cake, if you have never baked one.  And ...???  I'm just curious.  If you have already made such a cake, have you ever made an upside down cake with a fruit other than pineapple??  Mango? Nectarines? Peaches?  Bananas? Apples? Rhubarb?  Some exotic fruit that grows in abundance where you live?

cake

Pineapple Upside Down Cake - Sally's Baking Addiction


RELATED VIDEOS:




No comments:

Post a Comment

About the Blog Publisher

My photo
Work-at-home professional since 2007.

***

Treathyl Fox aka Cmoneyspinner – Home Business Entrepreneur.  Think. Dream. Focus. Believe in yourself? Hire yourself! Be your own boss! Do it! Self-employed and loving it!   ♦ DISCLOSURE: In compliance with FTC rules and guidelines, be advised that some links shared via my my websites and blogs might contain affiliate referral links which means commissions might be earned if product sales resulted from your click-through to the vendor’s website. Contact or Connect via Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Tumblr, HUBPages, or Medium.