Friday, May 29, 2020

Enjoy Your Fruit By Season and in a Salad

Not sure how many of my blog readers have ever eaten an American Thanksgiving meal. If you have then you know how heavy that meal is. Is it any wonder many people just want to go to sleep afterward? LOL.

I have been preparing Thanksgiving dinner ever since I got married. That was over 40 years ago. My kids say they have good memories of our holiday meals and I'm glad. There was one holiday in particular that one of my kids remembers because I made a fruit salad. Instead of a cake with icing or a pie, I wanted to make something sweet but not so heavy. When I went shopping that year there was some great fruit in the produce department. So I decided to put fruit salad on the Turkey Day menu.



That memory got me thinking about fruit salads and whether or not there were specific recipes for every season of the year. I managed to find fruit salad recipes for winter, spring, summer, and fall. The Thanksgiving holiday occurs during the fall season and it was no surprise that there are quite a few fall fruit salad recipes.
If you like fruit (and who doesn't?), you'll probably love these fruit salad recipes. There is a delightful winter fruit salad, loaded with the best fruits of Autumn and Winter; and dressed with honey; a spring salad recipe is super sweet, hydrating and nourishing; and a summer salad made with fresh summer fruits mixed together with crunchy peanuts and a dressing made of Thai herbs and fish sauce. Enjoy!















More Wonderful Fruit Salad Recipes


No comments:

Post a Comment

About the Blog Publisher

My photo
Work-at-home professional since 2007.

***

Treathyl Fox aka Cmoneyspinner – Home Business Entrepreneur.  Think. Dream. Focus. Believe in yourself? Hire yourself! Be your own boss! Do it! Self-employed and loving it!   ♦ DISCLOSURE: In compliance with FTC rules and guidelines, be advised that some links shared via my my websites and blogs might contain affiliate referral links which means commissions might be earned if product sales resulted from your click-through to the vendor’s website. Contact or Connect via Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Tumblr, HUBPages, or Medium.