Friday, June 5, 2020

Practical Food Storage Tips to Avoid Waste

Countless consumer reports indicate that Americans waste a lot of food. Sadly, even during the coronavirus pandemic, food was wasted. In defense of the consumer Americans, there was a breakdown in the supply and delivery logistics. Fortunately, a few smart young folks got together with the farmers and fixed the problem. (Not-for-profit FarmLink.)

For many, the food gets wasted because they just don't know how to store the food properly. Like the typical mom, I always told my kids not to waste food. They don’t always listen and sometimes they throw away food that could have been given away. Ah well! They can never accuse me of not practicing what I preach. I do my best to store food properly so that it does not spoil or waste. Below are a few practical tips for food storage.



Do you have a particular food storage method you use a lot? (Freezing, canning, dehydration, etc.)



Content previously published on Virily.com




















No comments:

Post a Comment

About the Blog Publisher

My photo
Work-at-home professional since 2007.

***

Treathyl Fox aka Cmoneyspinner – Home Business Entrepreneur.  Think. Dream. Focus. Believe in yourself? Hire yourself! Be your own boss! Do it! Self-employed and loving it!   ♦ DISCLOSURE: In compliance with FTC rules and guidelines, be advised that some links shared via my my websites and blogs might contain affiliate referral links which means commissions might be earned if product sales resulted from your click-through to the vendor’s website. Contact or Connect via Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Tumblr, HUBPages, or Medium.