Monday, February 21, 2022

Food Blog Spotlight: Dinner Ideas: Duck with Star Anise Broth – Chef Kevin Ashton

Have you ever tasted duck?  I have only had one food-tasting experience with duck. Wish I could have had more. Nevertheless, that one experience was more than enough to condition me. Now every time I even see a duck recipe or cooking video, I start salivating.

My Facebook Memories reminded that I shared this recipe with my network of followers several years ago.  It's an awesome duck recipe from a food blog published by a chef based in the UK.  He uses star anise, one of my favorite exotic spices.



English: Ilicium verum, Schisandraceae, Star A...
English: Ilicium verum, Schisandraceae, Star Anise, Atar Aniseed, Badiane, Chinese Star Anise, fruits. The dried ripe fruits are used in homeopathy as remedy: Anisum stellatum (Anis.) (Photo credit: Wikipedia)

The spice star anise is distilled to make star...
The spice star anise is distilled to make star anise oil (Photo credit: Wikipedia)

SPICE SPOTLIGHT: Star Anise

Widely used in Chinese and Indian cuisine, this whole spice resembles anise in flavor. Some stars may be broken and not entirely whole.


See also: SPICE SPOTLIGHT: Peppercorns


* * *

MORE FROM KEVIN'S FOOD BLOG







No comments:

Post a Comment

About the Blog Publisher

My photo
Work-at-home professional since 2007.

***

Treathyl Fox aka Cmoneyspinner – Home Business Entrepreneur.  Think. Dream. Focus. Believe in yourself? Hire yourself! Be your own boss! Do it! Self-employed and loving it!   ♦ DISCLOSURE: In compliance with FTC rules and guidelines, be advised that some links shared via my my websites and blogs might contain affiliate referral links which means commissions might be earned if product sales resulted from your click-through to the vendor’s website. Contact or Connect via Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Tumblr, HUBPages, or Medium.