Saturday, March 5, 2022

Holi Festival Recipes ~ Sweets

Several years ago I was active in an online community which had many members who hail from India.  Many of them celebrate a festival called Holi which usually occurs during the month of March (although I have seen some say April).  Although I am not Hindu, I do like the idea behind this holiday tradition as it is a celebration of love, happiness, and colors.  Who wouldn't want to celebrate that, regardless of our diverse religious beliefs? 

I read some of the members' posts and noted that one writer expressed great enthusiasm about the “sweets” they enjoyed during this holiday. So? So you guessed it! I went on a hunt for Holi recipes. No surprise that I was able to find plenty at popular food blogs that I already like and follow from time to time. 


Celebrate Holi, the Festival of Colors, With These 20 Vegan Recipes

Celebrate Holi, the Festival of Colors, With These 20 Vegan Recipes

Holi, also known as the " Festival of Colors " is a Hindu festival that marks the arrival of spring. For two or three days, there is a celebration of color, music, fertility, love, and the victory of good over evil. Holi is an ancient holiday celebrated all over the world but mostly in parts of India and Nepal.



Holi Recipes, Holi festival 2017 Sweets Recipes - Rachna's Kitchen

Holi Recipes, Holi festival 2017 Sweets Recipes - Rachna's Kitchen

When I hear word "HOLI" , first thing that comes to my mind is color. Holi is an important festival of Hindu culture. It is known as the festival of happiness, love and brotherhood. In my childhood, I remember that me and my brothers used to wake up early in ...



Holi Recipes - 80 Holi Special Recipes 2014 - Holi Sweets - Holi Snacks - Blend with Spices

Holi Recipes - 80 Holi Special Recipes 2014 - Holi Sweets - Holi Snacks - Blend with Spices

Holi Festival Special Recipes / Holi Sweets Recipes / Holi Snacks Recipes Holi Sweets Mawa Coconut Jaggery Laddu Doda Burfi Gulab Jamun Kova Kajjikayalu Mawa Til Ladoo Chocolate Mawa Burfi Gur Para Mohanthal Rooh Afza Lemon Sharbat 7 Cup Burfi Microwave Besan Laddu Khoya Besan Laddu Phool Makane Kheer Kakara Pitha Rajgira Burfi Aate Ke...



Aam Ka Panna Recipe | Raw Green Mango Drink - Sharmis Passions

Aam Ka Panna Recipe | Raw Green Mango Drink - Sharmis Passions

Aam Ka Panna,a refreshing summer juice made with raw green mangoes.This scorching summer makes me crave for juices often, I loved this idea of storing the preserve and making the juice as and when we want sure better than the store bought juice mixes / squashes with loads of preservatives.


NOTE:  Sharmis Passions has a treasure trove of Holi recipes, in addition to the mango drink shared above.




No comments:

Post a Comment

About the Blog Publisher

My photo
Work-at-home professional since 2007.

***

Treathyl Fox aka Cmoneyspinner – Home Business Entrepreneur.  Think. Dream. Focus. Believe in yourself? Hire yourself! Be your own boss! Do it! Self-employed and loving it!   ♦ DISCLOSURE: In compliance with FTC rules and guidelines, be advised that some links shared via my my websites and blogs might contain affiliate referral links which means commissions might be earned if product sales resulted from your click-through to the vendor’s website. Contact or Connect via Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Tumblr, HUBPages, or Medium.