Friday, August 9, 2019

Food and Drink : Veggie Spotlight : Veggie Substitutes

Is there a particular dish that you would absolutely love IF ONLY …

If only this particular recipe did not have this particular vegetable, I'd eat it all the time!

Face it. When it comes to vegetables, there are certain veggies you either love 'em or hate 'em.

I'm that way about okra. Oh yeah! I know all about fried okra, gumbo, and all those wonderful recipes where okra is the main ingredient.


For years, there were certain dishes I would avoid just because of the okra. Since I didn't really get into cooking until I got married and had to cook for my family to live, I never really thought too much about varying recipes or changing things up a bit.

Hey! Gumbo is made with okra. IT'S THE LAW!! Right?

Of course, when I look at it I realize that I was just not being flexible. Common sense. Some people have food allergies. They have to learn how to substitute certain foods for other foods.
~ Substitution Guide


But even if you don't have a food allergy, there are just some veggies you don't like! PERIOD!! And you're not flexible when it comes to that specific vegetable. :D

So! For me … since I don't really like (slimy) okra all that much, I found that zucchini is a great substitute veggie. Whenever I see a dish I want to try and it says okra, I go right out to the grocery store and buy zucchini! LOL. :lol:

(NOTE: Others have recommended asparagus or broccoli florets as okra substitutes. I respectfully disagree.)



Which veggies do you like to substitute?

* * *
Original source Forum Coin.


No comments:

Post a Comment

About the Blog Publisher

My photo
Work-at-home professional since 2007.

***

Treathyl Fox aka Cmoneyspinner – Home Business Entrepreneur.  Think. Dream. Focus. Believe in yourself? Hire yourself! Be your own boss! Do it! Self-employed and loving it!   ♦ DISCLOSURE: In compliance with FTC rules and guidelines, be advised that some links shared via my my websites and blogs might contain affiliate referral links which means commissions might be earned if product sales resulted from your click-through to the vendor’s website. Contact or Connect via Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Tumblr, HUBPages, or Medium.