Friday, January 31, 2020

Food and Drink : Recipe Sharing for Chai Tea Lovers

Growing up in America there was only main tea (that I knew of). Lipton. To my late sister's credit, she made great tea! Her hot tea or her iced tea were both dee-licious! However … it was just Lipton tea. The Lipton brand name and company has been around so long that it's practically revered as part of American tradition, I'm not being disrespectful. Don't get me wrong. But I went through my entire childhood and even went several years into my adulthood before I even realized there was something other than Lipton orange pekoe tea! Not just “other than” but even “better than”. Yes! I know! I'm speaking in treasonous language for sure! LOL.

Anyway … whereas I can only remember Lipton orange pekoe tea on the store shelves as a child (I can even remember the commercials), these days the grocery store shelves and the company's official website, display a variety of teas. Oh yeah! They have green tea, matcha tea, berry hibiscus, etc.

When did this happen and why? I don't know the WHEN but I do know the WHY. When I was a kid, Lipton had hardly any competition. They dominated the market for American tea drinkers. But times have changed and the American taste buds have changed and now we drink a wide range of teas. Our grocery store shelves are loaded with every kind of tea imaginable. If you can't find what you're looking for in the local grocery store, then surely you can find a tea online and/or a video on how to brew your “special cup of tea”...

Which brings me the main point of this discussion.

CHAI TEA.

I only learned about this wonderful drink a few years ago.
Come to find out that it's only been around for an eternity.




What happened was that my husband stopped drinking coffee and opted to begin drinking tea instead. That led him on a quest to find a particular tea that he liked and that he believed would contribute positively to his health. One thing led to another and he eventually discovered chai tea.

However, being my typical husband, that meant that I couldn't just go to the grocery store and pick up a box labeled “Chai Tea” and bring it home. Oh no! Certain chai tea has this ingredient or that ingredient, and he wants this or that … yadda yadda yadda. He came up with his own chai tea recipe.

I'm like: “You made up own recipe? Isn't that like … UN-Indian or something?”

It seems it's not. It seems that whoever drinks what they call “chai tea”, Indians or non-Indians, many have their own special recipe for this drink!

I found a few YouTube videos for making chai tea. The first video led to the next video and that video led to a bunch of other terrific videos!

I searched some of the discussions here at Forum Coin found a couple of interesting comments.

* Per @mandeep4687:
“ … "Masala Chai" in India which can be made by adding Indian spices such as elaichi, cinnamon, ginger, cloves, milk, sugar and herbs to your everyday black tea.

Last Drink You Drank (Daily Thread)


* Per @ksridharprasad
Air India national carrier of India wish to introduce Indian traditional food on board to their passengers soon, Now they are offering ... Lunch and Dinner with masala chai(Tea). ...

Traditional Food in Air India flights

* * *

Are you a tea drinker?

Do you have your own chai tea recipe?

If not chai tea, do you have your own special tea recipe?

Do you prefer your tea sweetened or unsweetened?

My Chinese friend used to brew a cup of tea made with popped rice; no sugar. I'm like "You can do that?"

One of my daughters just loves hibiscus tea. She always keeps some in her pantry.

A few of my other daughters love to experiment with all kinds of herbal teas.

All of my daughters prefer sweetened tea.

No doubt about it. The wonderful world of teas is fascinating!
Image



Iraani Chai | Sanjeev Kapoor Khazana



Masala Chai (Indian Masala Tea)



Chai Masala Powder - Secret Ingredient of Flavoured and Aromatic Indian Tea | Winter Special



* This content first appeared at ForumCoin.com, Jan 24, 2018. * 

















Tea is Always a Good Idea

No comments:

Post a Comment

About the Blog Publisher

My photo
Work-at-home professional since 2007.

***

Treathyl Fox aka Cmoneyspinner – Home Business Entrepreneur.  Think. Dream. Focus. Believe in yourself? Hire yourself! Be your own boss! Do it! Self-employed and loving it!   ♦ DISCLOSURE: In compliance with FTC rules and guidelines, be advised that some links shared via my my websites and blogs might contain affiliate referral links which means commissions might be earned if product sales resulted from your click-through to the vendor’s website. Contact or Connect via Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Tumblr, HUBPages, or Medium.