Friday, April 1, 2022

Red Pepper Flakes Are a Secret Ingredient

Lidia Bastianich is an award-winning TV chef.  Her specialty is Italian food.  She says that the “secret ingredient” in Italian recipes is RED PEPPER FLAKES.  I did not know that.  I have tried to cook Italian food and never thought to add red pepper flakes.  Although I do sprinkle it on my pizza. 


I don't usually have red pepper flakes in my spice cabinet.  If you don't happen to have any, here are 6 alternatives or substitutes.

1. Ground cayenne pepper

2. Ground habaƱero pepper

3. Paprika 

4. Chile de Arbol powder

5. Hot sauce (Tabasco OR Sirachi)

6. Chili powder

REF:  Substitute For Red Pepper Flakes: 6 Fantastic Alternatives

Fortunately, I usually have Paprika OR Chili powder on hand.  

What about you?









No comments:

Post a Comment

About the Blog Publisher

My photo
Work-at-home professional since 2007.

***

Treathyl Fox aka Cmoneyspinner – Home Business Entrepreneur.  Think. Dream. Focus. Believe in yourself? Hire yourself! Be your own boss! Do it! Self-employed and loving it!   ♦ DISCLOSURE: In compliance with FTC rules and guidelines, be advised that some links shared via my my websites and blogs might contain affiliate referral links which means commissions might be earned if product sales resulted from your click-through to the vendor’s website. Contact or Connect via Twitter, Facebook, LinkedIn, Tumblr, HUBPages, or Medium.